Prophecy of the Sisters - Michelle Zink

Saturday, September 18, 2010
Sixteen-year-old Lia Milthorpe and her twin sister Alice have just become orphans, and, as Lia discovers, they have also become enemies. The twins are part of an ancient prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other. To escape from a dark fate and to remain in the arms of her beloved boyfriend James, Lia must end the prophecy before her sister does. Only then will she understand the mysterious circumstances of her parents' deaths, the true meaning of the strange mark branded on her wrist, and the lengths to which her sister will go to defeat her.

I can officially say that I am a Michelle Zink fan! After all the bummer reads I've been having, this book was a great breath of fresh air. The writing in this novel is amazing and the feel of this book is dark and Gothic, set in the late 1800's. It reminds me of the Gemma Doyle trilogy for some reason and I love that!

Michelle did a great job crafting the characters, as I felt for both Lia and Alice in different ways. It was a great ride and I found myself dying to know what would happen next. The ending was a little disappointing in the lack of action and something that happens, but I didn't let that get in the way of the rating. Can't wait to read the next one, Guardian of the Gate!

5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment