Immortal: Love Stories with Bite - Edited by PC Cast

Monday, August 2, 2010
Sorry I've been a bit MIA for the last couple days guys! I got pink eye and it was like daggers to look at any light so I had to sit in complete darkness for about three days. Without being said, that means no computer time and no reading! I have a book review for you though! Yay!


Anthology of stories about teenagers aka vampires striving to maintain a sense of self and find lasting love.

I thought this one was good, some of the stories were better than others. The main problem I had with this book is the stories were around 28-30 pages. I know what you're thinking. Well, duh Laura - it's a compilation of short stories. Yes, I know that, but I felt some of the characters and plotlines felt rushed. I also thought that some of the endings were a little abrupt. I decided to rate the stories instead of the book as a whole since I had such strong feelings towards each.

Haunted Love by Cynthia Leitich Smith - 4/5. This was one of the better ones in my opinion. It's a love triangle (sort of) with a vampire, a ghost, and a human girl. She didn't really touch on the love story, as they didn't mention feelings, but the idea was still good. I wish she'd write a full novel on this so she could really get into the story.

Amber Smoke by Kristin Cast - 2/5. I'm not really a fan of Kristin Cast's writing. I thought the girl accepted everything a bit too willingly and it wasn't realistic. The ending was abrupt like the author suddenly lost steam and just wanted to end it.

Dead Man Stalking by Rachel Caine - 3/5. I liked the humor in this story and it made me more excited to read The Morganville Vampires. The main character was funny and likeable, but once again I thought the ending was pretty bad.

Table Manners by Tanith Lee - 3/5. I think I would like Tanith as an author, it just didn't work for me in this story. The characters were kind of flat and the plot was a little lame. I do want to get her book about the girl pirate though, because I think there's a good author there!

Changed by Nancy Holder - 1/5. Couldn't finish.

Blue Moon by Richelle Mead - 3/5. I liked this story a lot more than the first book in the Vampire Academy series. Lucy and Nathan were cute together and she was a good heroine for the story.

Free by Claudia Gray -4/5. My other favorite from the book. It was kind of based in the Evernight series, about Patrice and her life before she became a vampire. Amos was very intriguing and I liked them together. It was very dark and I enjoyed it. I wish Claudia would make a novella about each Evernight student. *ahem* Balthazaar *ahem*

0 comments:

Post a Comment