Rules of Attraction - Simone Elkeles

Monday, August 16, 2010
When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.

As always, I'm not disappointed with this Simone Elkeles novel!

She has a way of really getting in there and making you fall in love with the characters and plot/world she creates. It's Simone's world and I'm just living in it! She has a gift for writing and the way she integrates these two very different sides of society is brilliant.

I think I liked Perfect Chemistry better, because the odds were really against them, but this book was still excellent and such a treat to read. I devoured it in about a day, but I do that with all of her books. Carlos didn't wow me as much as Alex did but I found him just as wonderfully egotistical and cocky as his brother! Kiara was a good character for me, she was very quirky and her stuttering made me just want to give her a great big hug. The writing and development of the plot and characters was great as well. I loved the significance of the book cover too. Sighh! <3

I can't wait to find out what happens to Luis when he meets the wrong girl in Chain Reaction (3rd book in the series) coming out in 2011.

*****

4 comments:

Alex Bennett from Electrifying Reviews said...

Can't wait to read this series!

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

her books are so freaking amazing! I loved Perfect Chemistry, and I have to say that Leaving Paradise was even better :)

Anonymous said...

I liked Perfect Chemistry more as well but enjoyed this book also.

Unknown said...

Simone Elkeles's books seem wonderful. Everyone are recommending them. I can't wait to read Perfect Chemistry!

Post a Comment