Entice by Carrie Jones

Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Hey everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Holiday season and can't wait to see you in the new year. Hopefully it'll be amazing for all of you!

*Summary not added to save from spoiling others!*

First off, the cover is absolutely stunning on this book and I love how the set look on the shelf! With that said, I have to admit that I wasn't too impressed with this book. I adored (truly) the first two books in this series, but Entice fell flat for me on many levels.

I felt like the author glazed over some important conversations I would've liked to know about and the writing felt a bit rushed to me. As I was reading, I felt as if she was rushing everything else to get to the ending which turned out being pretty bland and mediocre in my opinion.

I am still 1100% team Astley. I don't know why I'm such a sucker for the martyrs, but I am! It made me so sad when he risked so much to help Zara and she doesn't give him a bone or anything. As many other series I've read, the so-called 'love triangle' is pretty one sided and weak.

Overall I wasn't too impressed with this book in the series, but I'm still looking forward to the next book coming in 2011 and this book didn't pause my enjoyment of the series.

3/5 :(

2 comments:

bookish wonders said...

Awe, :(
Thats sad. I havn't read the series yet but i have need on my book shelf at the moment =D
Love your reviews =D

and you accidentally put 2010 instead of 2011 (:

Liddy said...

:( Shame it wasn't so good as the others. Ohwell, its pweeety :D
Please check out my blog. You are one of my inspirations for it :D
http://lovelylilbookworm.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment