The View from the Top - Hillary Frank

Thursday, December 9, 2010
Eighteen-year-old Anabelle’s last few months in her coastal hometown are bittersweet. Instead of the quiet precollege summer she expects, Anabelle makes some surprising discoveries about herself as she navigates romantic entanglements and changing friendships. Through shifting points of view in seven interconnected stories, we glimpse the limits of how well her friends really know Anabelle . . . and how little she grasps about the way they see her.

This book was my reality check to never trust reviews! The word of mouth I was getting on this novel was pretty negative but once I picked up this book, I really enjoyed it!

I did think that Anabelle was a little pretentious and annoying, as well as very self pitying and depressing but there was still something I liked about her. Another thing that I wasn't too much a fan of, was how everything wanted to be with her or liked her - come on. Is she that amazing? I don't think so. I would've given this book a 5/5 if the stories were about the characters like someone different instead of Anabelle.

Still worth the read and I seriously adore the cover!

4/5

1 comments:

bookish wonders said...

This book looks amazing! :D
Thanks for the review laura!
Your awesome (:
Its on my tbr list (:

Post a Comment