The Ghost and the Goth - Stacey Kade

Thursday, February 3, 2011
I really enjoyed this book! It was a very fast and fun read, a nice break after something as serious and action-packed as Nightshade. I was a little worried about how I'd like Alona, but she didn't bother me too much. As the novel progressed, I began to like her more. Will was another story - I loved him from the beginning and want him to be mine. ;]

The end was great and not what I was expecting at all, which was a very pleasant surprise. I thought the writing was great and the characters all added something. I didn't know how I felt about Joonie though, I'm still working my feelings out on her.

Great book overall, I also didn't know Stacey was an 'older' author. She knows the whole teen speak and what's going on in latest times very well. I'm impressed! I'm looking forward to reading Queen of the Dead, which is supposed to come out June 7th, 2011!

4/5

6 comments:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Great review, Laura! I've been hesitant to read this one because the cover reminds me of Generation Dead, which I hated. This sounds promising though, so I think I'll add it to my list! :)

Helen's Book Blog said...

I liked this book as well. It was fun

Olgareads said...

Another addition to my books-I-should-read list...

Great review, by the way!

Harry said...

Looks interesting
Thanks for posting!

Mandy said...

I have this in my reading pile from the library at the moment. :) So hopefully I'll be reading and reviewing it soon. Great review! :) Glad you liked it.

Shantal said...

This is another book I'd like to read. Great review!

Post a Comment