The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

Tuesday, December 8, 2009
 In a future North America, where the rulers of Panem maintain control through an annual televised survival competition pitting young people from each of the twelve districts against one another, sixteen-year-old Katniss's skills are put to the test when she voluntarily takes her younger sister's place.

I only have one thing to say about this: wow. I was late on the bandwagon for this series, and I'm actually glad about that because the second book Catching Fire is out already and I don't have to wait.

I thought the idea is amazing and Suzanne Collins has such a distinct writing style that's absolutely addicting. I kept turning the pages wanting more and more. This is an epic series, I think it's up there with Harry Potter as a must read! I loved Katniss as a character, she reminds me so much of myself in trying to be brave and keep romance out of the picture that I liked her almost instantly.

The story was a little slow at first but after the first chapter it goes and doesn't relent on you until the end. What a ride! I could feel my heart pumping and when that happens just from a book, I know it's a keeper!

*****

0 comments:

Post a Comment