Wake - Lisa McMann

Friday, December 11, 2009
Ever since she was eight years old, high school student Janie Hannagan has been uncontrollably drawn into other people's dreams, but it is not until she befriends an elderly nursing home patient and becomes involved with an enigmatic fellow-student that she discovers her true power.

I have to say that I love the idea Lisa McMann had but I didn't like the result. I didn't like this one at all unfortunately. I'd heard nothing but good things about it so I was really excited but when I read it, I felt very underwhelmed. I found the book to be very unrealistic. I know that books are supposed to be fiction and to take you away, but I feel the author pushed it a little too far. A nineteen year old drug narc for the police with barely any training? C'mon...

All and all, good idea - just didn't care for the book.

**

0 comments:

Post a Comment