Hourglass - Claudia Gray

Thursday, May 6, 2010
After escaping from Evernight Academy, the vampire boarding school where they met, Bianca and Lucas take refuge with Black Cross, a fanatical group of vampire hunters. Bianca must hide her supernatural heritage or risk certain death at its hands. But when Black Cross captures her friend—the vampire Balthazar—hiding is no longer an option. Soon Bianca and Lucas are on the run again, pursued not only by Black Cross, but by the powerful leaders of Evernight. Yet no matter how far they travel, Bianca can't escape her destiny. Bianca has always believed their love could survive anything...but can it survive what's to come?

Hourglass ia the third installment in the Evernight Academy series by Claudia Gray. After finishing this book, I know that this series is one of my favorites of 2010. I wasn't a huge fan of the setting since I am team Balthazaar, but I still didn't mind Lucas. I know he was a good guy that did love Bianca, I just love what she can't have. ;) There was enough romance, suspence, and action to make it a great read. I found myself not being able to guess what would happen and I wanted to keep reading to find out. The ending annoyed me a bit, only because it was such a cliffhanger. I felt it was more of a chapter ending and not the ending of a novel.

The other thing that prevented it from getting a 5 star rating is I wish I would have gotten more of the side characters, especially Vic and Ranulf. They are such the odd couple but I adore them. I would like to make a slashfic of them someday ;). The other thing is I think towards the end, Bianca got the best of both worlds. *highlight to see spoiler* She turned into a wraith, but could be seen by Lucas too when touching the bracelet. She could still be with Lucas and not have the vampires hurt her. There was no loss in my opinion.

I finished the book in about two days, which is always a good sign for me! When I closed it, I wanted to hug it and throw it against the wall at the same time. I love authors that bring out such emotions in me! If you haven't read this one yet, I really suggest it, because it was a good read and I enjoyed every minute of it.

****

2 comments:

Alex Bennett from Electrifying Reviews said...

I got an arc of this, but haven't even started the series yet! I will have to soon.

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Glad you liked it! It's great when a book makes you feel so much emotion.

Post a Comment