The Sky Always Hears Me - Kirstin Cronn-Mills

Monday, May 31, 2010
I borrow the car again from Grandma and drive out to my hill. I scream I AM A BIG FAT ZERO, plus I AM SWEARING OFF KISSING FOREVER, and I HATE BEING A SECRET SEX FIEND, about sixteen times each. Then I sit very still and watch a hawk swirl over the fields. I have to get a new life before I go crazy.

Sixteen-year-old Morgan lives in a hick town. Her mom was killed in a car accident when she was two, her dad drinks, and her stepmom is a non-entity. Her boyfriend Derek is boring and she can't stop staring at her coworker Rob's cute butt. Then there's the kiss she shared with her neighbor Tessa . . . But when Morgan discovers a devastating secret about the one person she completely trusted, her entire world crashes and she must redefine her life and herself.

I loved this book - the writing was amazing and Morgan is such a wonderful character! I truly fell in love with her and was upset when the novel ended. The chapters are short and it makes it much easier to be able to stop, even when I didn't want to. I thought it was so neat how there was a fortune from a real place at the beginning of each chapter. I loved reading Morgan's little fortunes she wrote to herself because she's obsessed with them.

This is a beautifully written novel and it was a complete joy to read. I loved it and highly recommend it for someone who is looking for a self discovery novel. Morgan is brutally honest with herself and even though she sounds like a hardass sometimes, she's still so innocent and open to the world.

*****

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard such good things about this book and it sounds amazing. Talk about a great summary.

emily said...

The cover looks amazing! Great review!

Post a Comment