The Mark by Jen Nadol

Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Cassandra Renfield has always seen the mark—a glow around certain people reminiscent of candlelight. But the one time she mentioned it, it was dismissed as a trick of the light. Until the day she watches a man awash in the mark die. After searching her memories, Cassie realizes she can see a person’s imminent death. Not how or where, only when: today. 

I had heard such mixed reviews about this novel that I was hesitant to like it in the beginning. As I continued on, I discovered that it was a good novel and had a very promising plot. I enjoyed Cassie as a character and I felt for her when she had to go through some of her turmoil, but the ending left me wanting more. Not because it was an addicting series, but because I felt some of the plot holes weren't closed enough.

I'm sure there's going to be another book in the works (at least I hope so), and I'm very excited to see where the author takes Cassie. I want to know more about Jack, and are we going to see more of Lucas? That should be an interesting love triangle if the author writes it as such! It was a fast read and I enjoyed the writing. Like I said before, the ending left some to be desired, but it was still a really good book and I'm glad I got it!

****

2 comments:

emily said...

It sounds very nice. I've been ultra-excited to get this! The summary sounds very promising.

Unknown said...

You're right - I have seen mixed reviews on this one. I want to try it tho, because I like the premise of the book!

Post a Comment