The Sky is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson

Thursday, March 24, 2011
Click here to go to this novel's Goodreads page!

How can something so heartbreaking be told so beautifully? I thought this novel was gorgeous in it's imagery and the way the writer projects this story onto paper was really stunning. I absolutely loved Lennie's character, I completely got her. Everything she did or said I understood the premise behind it, even if she didn't.

The writing was effortless and smooth, it didn't even feel like reading. I felt like I was being told a story and I devoured it. There were so many times when I didn't want to put this book down. I can't believe this is Jandy's first novel...it's just amazing. I can't wait for many more of her books to come!

5/5

4 comments:

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Ahh, I know, I just LOVED this book. And I have the UK version, which has all the snapshots of poems jotted down on cups, notebook paper, and such in COLOR -- it's gorgeous. *o*

Unknown said...

Glad you liked it! I've heard such great things. I really, really want to read it.

Helen's Book Blog said...

I really liked this one too!

Belgie said...

I did highly enjoy this book, mostly because of the writing itself. If you love poetry, then I would recommend this for you. At times I was caught so off guard by a sentence or a line, and I would actually sit there, rereading it, thinking about it, for several minutes.

Post a Comment