Unwind - Neil Shusterman

Sunday, November 15, 2009
In a society where unwanted teens are salvaged for their body parts, three runaways fight the system that would "unwind" them.

Connor's parents want to be rid of him because he's a troublemaker. Risa has no parents and is being unwound to cut orphanage costs. Lev's unwinding has been planned since his birth, as part of his family's strict religion. Brought together by chance, and kept together by desperation, these three unlikely companions make a harrowing cross-country journey, knowing their lives hang in the balance. If they can survive until their eighteenth birthday, they can't be harmed -- but when every piece of them, from their hands to their hearts, are wanted by a world gone mad, eighteen seems far, far away.  

A very adventurous and heart pounding novel! I found many times where I was turning the pages and holding my breath at the same time. I thought it was so interesting how the teenagers came together and their different stories. I'm not sure I could pick a favorite character!

The writing was really good and thought it was very well done. I really like Neil Shusterman as an author and look forward to his other books.

****

0 comments:

Post a Comment