Deadly Little Lies - Laurie Faria Stolarz

Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Last fall, sixteen-year-old Camelia fell for Ben, the mysterious new boy at school who turned out to have a very mysterious gift--pyschometry, the ability to sense the future through touch.  But just as Camelia and Ben's romance began to heat up, he abruptly left town. Brokenhearted, Camelia has spent the last few months studying everything she can about psychometry, and experiencing her own strange brushes with premonition. Camelia wonders if Ben's abilities have somehow rubbed off on her. Can the power of psychometry be transferred? 

This one was much better than the first one, though I still found Camelia a tad annoying and a bit self absorbed at times. Ignoring Ben consistently when he was trying to speak with her and be civil grated on my nerves occasionally.

I thought this book was better written and the plot was more developed. We didn't need to go through all of the introductions and the author did to some back-story, but it wasn't annoying. Camelia's friends were probably the best part for me - I loved their banter and I think Wes is a closeted gay man ;)

The ending took me by surprise, so that's always a good thing. The mystery of Ben, Adam, and the other occurrences kept me reading and wanting to know more. I kept saying 'one more page' repeatedly. I recommend this series, it's really good and fast paced. I'm also really interested in Camelia's aunt Alexia, and what she has to do with the story.

*****

2 comments:

Amy said...

I felt similar with this book when I read the series earlier this year. I haven't gotten around to reviewing it yet (oops) but I'm looking forward to the next book even though these first two weren't my favorite reads!

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

I like the sound of this! I also love that cover... it's gorgeous.

Post a Comment